Monday, April 11, 2016

How to Relax

Hey!
After a day full with work and a long, long to-do-list all you want to do is relax. But sometimes relaxing isn't that easy when you start to think about the next day which is going to be super exhausting as well. Here are some tips how not to think about the long to-do-list in your head, so you can finally relax...

1. Listen to Music
You've probably seen people put on their headphones so they wouldn't hear the conversations of others. Probably more than a thousand times. But this works for yourself, too. Whenever I don't want to listen to the voice in my head that tells me the things I still have to do, the work I still have to get done, I take my headphones and start listening to music. It's like filling your mind with music instead of your own thoughts.

2. Knitting
This may sound weird and kind of old-fashioned, but... it really works! I can't tell you why, but just sit down on your most comfortable sofa and start knitting. You'll notice how relaxing it actually is. Maybe it will take a little while until you really realize it, because you already forgot about worrying or thinking about anything;)
If you don't know how to knit there are lots of websites teaching it. It's actually really simple, I'm sure you'll learn it really quickly.

3. Talking to Friends
When you're stressed out you might not want to talk to anybody at all, but talking with your friends and telling each other your worries and thoughts might be really relaxing, because you start to realize that you're not alone. That your friends have worries and problems just as you do and knowing this can b really relaxing. Just try it out!

4. Reading
What? Reading? Yes, reading! I'm not telling you to choose the thickest and most complicated novel after you come back home after work. I recommend simply written novels which tell more or less realistic stories. Why? Because reading stories like these can have a similar effect like talking with your friends. When you read about other peoples' lives, you'll realize that you aren't alone. That there are other people who understand your problems and even write about it. Sometimes just knowing this makes you feel better and relax a little.

I hope these tips will help you when you struggle to relax. Let me know if you know other ways to easily relax, I'd love to hear them!
See you next week.

Keep Smiling!

2 comments: